Walk into these provincial cultural relics protection units, continue xiangtan historical context

2022-04-26 0 By

Editor’s note a few days ago, the people’s government of hunan province published a list of 11 batch of cultural relics protection units in hunan province in 143, among them, the xiangtan city approved five provincial cultural relics protection units, are respectively located in youth MAO zedong xiangtan yuhu activity site, xiangtan tower, hu yaobang homestead, xiangtan work in qingxi town of shaoshan city statue of MAO zedong’s youth,The tomb of Senior General Chen Geng and his wife in Longdong Town, Xiangxiang City.Among them, The Cemetery of Senior General Chen Geng and his wife was incorporated into the ninth batch of provincial cultural relics protection units Chen Geng’s former residence, named “Chen Geng’s Former Residence and Tomb”.Up to now, there are 37 and 48 provincial-level cultural relics protected units in Xiangtan. These rich cultural resources will help xiangtan develop cultural tourism, cultural innovation and create a red tourism destination with international influence.The bell tower of Xiangtan No. 1 Middle School.In the campus of Xiangtan No. 1 Middle School on jianshe North Road, a building with red walls, green tiles, spires and large Windows breaks the dreary dreary weather with its unique style.Buildings of such different styles are rare in Xiangtan.The answer is yes, the building named “bell tower” is the most intact gothic architecture preserved in Xiangtan City.”I lived here for two years when I first came to campus in 1983.”Compared with other teachers and students, Wu Zhanhong, who works in the general affairs office of Xiangtan No. 1 Middle School, has a special affection for the bell tower. Following his footsteps, we visited the bell tower.The building is a two-story red brick and timber structure with 17 rooms. The plan is in the shape of E, with the foyer and tower in the south and the stairwell in the north.The most striking thing is its gothic tower.Forming the first floor of the tower are the semicircular granite arches of the entrance hall.The second and third floors are square, with Windows and a five-pointed star, respectively, and columns at the four corners of the roof.The fourth floor, slightly contracted at the top of the third floor, is octagonal, with Windows in imitation of Gothic pointed curls and a conical spire at the top of the tower.The Windows of the bell tower are large Windows of 2.64m * 1.25m, the sill is chiseled granite, and the shaped brick flat arch is used to replace the lintel above.These distinctive features make the bell tower look like a foreign church.At this point, we can not help but wonder about “Gothic architecture”.About the information, gothic architecture in the second half of the 11th century originated in France, 13-15 centuries popular in Europe, mainly in the Catholic church.Its architecture is characterized by tall spires, pointed arches, large Windows and painted Windows with Biblical stories, creating a light and slender sense of flying.Interestingly, the clock tower was not built by foreigners.”The bell tower was designed by CAI Chaoyuan, then a teacher at the school.”Wu Zhanhong introduced, Xiangtan City no. 1 middle school once had no fixed place, it was located in Xiangtan County, Xiangtan County government decided to build a campus for it, and built in the early 1930s last century.The bell tower used as a teaching building is located in the center of the complex, also known as the “main building”.The architectural language of the bell Tower, of course, also hides the unique memory of Xiangtan.The wall of the bell tower is built with red plain brick wall, which is very unique.In the early 1930s, red brick houses became popular in Xiangtan, and the bell tower was a product of that era.The bell tower became the highest building in Xiangtan county at that time, and there was indeed a bell on the bell tower. Whenever the bell rang, the whole Xiangtan county could hear it.”Look carefully and see if you can find bullet marks in the hall.”Wu’s remark once again aroused our curiosity.Soon after the bell tower was built, the Japanese bombed Xiangtan during the War of Resistance against Japanese aggression, and many of the old buildings were destroyed.Fortunately, the Bell tower was not destroyed because the Japanese army mistook it for a foreign church. However, the south wall of the bell tower, which was hit by artillery fire, bears witness to the time of war.Through the vicissitudes of the clock tower has been able to survive intact until now, but also experienced another thrilling period.”More than 20 years have passed, but I still remember the story of the bell tower and the letter.”Yang Meng, who worked in Xiangtan Development and Reform Commission, was admitted to Xiangtan No.1 Middle School in 1985 and has a fervor for his Alma mater.One day in June 2001, while taking a walk in the campus of his Alma mater, he saw the draft of the school reconstruction plan published to solicit opinions. There were three plans in total. The first and second plans would demolish the bell tower, while the third plan to keep the bell tower was obviously “weak” and had a very low probability of being selected.In fact, most of the teachers and students, led by guo Wenqiang, the then principal, wanted to keep the bell tower.Because of the unique architectural style of the bell tower, more importantly, if all the old buildings on campus are gone, what will happen to the emotional sustenance of teachers and students?The reconstruction of xiangtan No. 1 Middle School is no small matter. It is not only a matter of the school, but also a matter of Xiangtan.After a thorough consideration, Yang Meng decided to write a letter to the relevant person in charge of the way, for the protection of the bell tower.On June 15, 2001, a letter with the title “No. 1 Middle School bell Tower” was sent to the Xiangtan municipal government office. The “addressee” was none other than Mayor Chen Runer.On June 18, Mayor Chen Run-er gave his instructions. At that moment, the fate of the bell tower was completely rewritten.Time flies, time flies.The clock tower, originally a teaching building, later became a library and now has only two rooms for the school history museum.The bell tower, which once housed numerous students, is now open only on important occasions such as school opening and school celebrations.However, every time students go back to their Alma mater, the bell Tower is definitely a popular scenic spot for photo taking. She is the memory of Xiangtan No. 1 Middle School and xiangtan.Chen Geng tomb.(Photo by Luo Tao) General Chen Geng’s cemetery: Always with the people in his hometown Feng Ye Xiangtan Daily media reporter Chen Geng’s cemetery was built on the back hill of Chen Geng’s former residence.It’s not high, but it’s steep.Chen Geng’s former residence scenic spot commentator Huang Huixiang calm, climbing while introducing, talking about the story of the general to the gushing.One, hometown Huang Hui-xiang was the narrator, also related to the general.He is xiang xiang ya, love history since childhood, the revolutionary general is incomparable reverence.And xiangxiang longdong town out of the two generals, unique in the country, he set a goal, when the general hometown of the narrator.In October 2010, Huang Huixiang came to Quanhu Village of Longdong Town and became an interpreter of Chen Geng’s former residence scenic area.On March 17 of the following year, Huang explained Chen Geng’s life, events and former residence to the public for the first time.Huang huixiang practiced for several months in the face of general posterity, government officials, cultural relics experts and so on.On The day of the 17th, he came to prepare one hour in advance, and the former residence of the general opened its doors for visitors to pay their respects.Chen Geng’s former residence was built in 1903, consisting of the east and west side auxiliary buildings and the main building in the middle. It is a typical brick and wood structure of xiangzhong residential house, which was renovated in 2011.The whole scenic area is composed of three parts: former residence, cemetery and life hall, covering an area of about 60 mu.The former residence is now the Party construction education base of Xiangxiang City, patriotism education base, the Core values cultivation base of contemporary Revolutionary soldiers of national University of Defense Technology of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army, key cultural relics protection unit of Hunan Province, national 4A level tourist attraction.On the eve of the opening, there was another exciting event — the ashes (remains) of the grand general and his wife were moved back to their hometown and buried in the cemetery.Second, after Chen Geng’s death, he was initially buried in Babaoshan.In March 2011, under the aegis of the family’s descendants, Chen Geng and the ashes of the two wives were returned to their hometown and buried on the hilltop behind the former residence.The whole cemetery covers an area of 15 mu and consists of three parts: mausoleum, tombstone and memorial corridor.In particular, the middle tombstone is written on the word “Chen Geng”, the left tombstone is written on “Martyr Wang Genying”, the right tombstone is written on “Comrade Fu Ya”.Wang Genying and Fu Ya are Chen Geng’s two wives.Wang Genying was born Shu Xin in Shanghai in 1906 and joined the Communist Party of China in 1925.After the Fifth CPC Congress, Wang Genying and Chen Geng were in charge of the central Special Branch’s intelligence work in Shanghai.During this period, Wang Genying and Chen Geng met and became married.In the extremely dangerous environment, Wang Genying fully cover and assist Chen Geng’s work.On March 8, 1939, Wang Genying’s division supply department and school headquarters were surrounded by Japanese air raids.The dangerous moment of breakout, Wang Genying found that a satchel with party documents and public funds did not come out, resolutely rushed back to the village to take, the road and the Japanese met, heroic sacrifice, only 33 years old.Fu Ya, Chen Geng’s second wife, was born in Jiangxi province in 1918 and went to Yan ‘an in 1937 to join the revolution.He married Chen Geng in February 1943 and the couple later had four children.From March to April 1957, Chen Geng, Peng Dehuai, Tan Zheng and others inspected the Nanjing Military Region and wrote three letters to Fu Ya to inform them of their work and life.Overworked, Chen Geng collapsed in the bathhouse, breaking three ribs.But “letter home”, is also more thinking about the work, the injury is just to avoid serious areas.In the letters posted at the former residence, we can also sense the couple’s deep love, with Chen Geng addressing Fu Ya as “Dear Ya” at the beginning of the letter.After Chen Geng’s death, Fu Raised his four minor children.Now, Chen Geng and his wife’s ashes (remains) returned to Xiangxiang, back to the place where the teenager ran away for half his life and was laid to rest in the back hills of his former residence.Their revolutionary beliefs, love stories and integrity will be better remembered.While Chen Geng’s life exhibition hall, Huang Huixiang introduced two photos in particular, calling them “particularly touching”.After the founding of the People’s Republic of China, Chen Geng took a photo with his fellow villagers during his two visits to his hometown.The two photos have one thing in common. What occupies the C position is not Chen Geng, who has become a big shot at that time, but the smiling fellow villagers.There are two famous MAO Zedong statues in Shaoshan, one is the bronze statue of MAO Zedong square in Shaoshan, the other is standing in shaoshan City Qingxi town shaoshan railway station opposite MAO Zedong youth statue.In 1967, MAO Zedong’s youth statue platform was built with a height of 6 meters, a base of 6.26 meters and a total height of 12.26 meters.In 2007, after expansion, with the statue as the core of the MAO Zedong youth statue park was completed.The 12.26m total height of MAO Zedong youth statue echoes his birthday, which is not difficult to see the builder of MAO Zedong’s memory, and into the MAO Zedong youth statue Park, you will find more people to MAO Zedong’s romantic memory and worship.The all-white statue of MAO Zedong faces southeast, dressed in a long gown, with both feet stepping vigorously and his right foot striding forward. The skirt of the gown and his separate head are floating in the wind. At the same time, his left hand is propped up and his right hand is forcefully extended to the front.Along the steps, there is a platform for every 15 steps, on both sides of which are six poems by MAO Zedong, such as “Qinyuan Spring. Snow”.Approaching The Statue of MAO Zedong’s youth, you can see the statue of the face of a beaming, virile, vivid and vividly reflects the youth MAO Zedong “guide the country, inspire the text, dung when the Marquis of ten thousand” great ambition and “to try to compare high with heaven” heroic spirit.Resolute vision, natural and unrestrained face, and seems to answer people’s “ask boundless earth, who is in charge of the ups and downs?”The question.Baskets and bouquets of cut flowers, such as sunflowers and white lilies, symbolizing loyalty and solemnity, are arranged in order in front of the statue table. Yuan Yiping, a 50-year-old shaoshan resident who has worked as a volunteer in the park since she was laid off, said that the flowers have been sent by people since the Spring Festival.”I come here to talk to Chairman MAO 300 days out of 365 days a year.”Qingxi resident Pang Jinglin, 69, has circled the statue for three weeks since retiring 11 years ago, rain or shine.Both locals and tourists have the habit of “worshipping Chairman MAO”, which means circling the statue table three times clockwise after bowing to him.Statue guardrail carved mei, LAN, ju, bamboo and other styles, to mei’s iron bone ice heart, LAN’s open-minded, bamboo’s integrity, elegant chrysanthemum to guard the statue.”Qiao does not fight for the spring, but only reports the spring. When the spring flowers are in full bloom, she laughs in the flowers.””Plum blossom joy all over the sky snow, frozen to death fly not foot strange.”In MAO Zedong’s poems, it is not hard to see his preference for plum blossoms. For this reason, wax plums were planted on both sides of the statue when it was built. Now it is cold in spring, and the bright yellow wax plums bloom in the wind to accompany the statue on both sides.Pang jinglin was a teenager when the statue was built. His father and brother, both migrant workers, were involved in the construction process, and he has clear memories of the process.”In the past, it was a small hill where statues were built and gradually became the MAO Zedong Youth statue Park. I can also be regarded as a historical witness.”Now, the statue has become an important scenic spot in shaoshan Scenic area qingxi Scenic area.Local people get married, start work and resume production will be on the Statue of MAO Zedong youth table to pay respects, tourists also attracted by the reputation, often said that the statue of MAO Zedong youth table is like the temple of Heaven general sacred, solemn sense, perhaps this is also from their hearts of admiration.Former residence of Hu Yaobang.No. 602, Guangyun Road, Yuhu District is where the Civil Affairs Bureau of Xiangtan City is located.Here was the original xiangtan local committee of the Communist Party of China, xiangtan Municipal Committee of the Communist Party of China office.The courtyard of a red bungalow, set off in the green trees, especially solemn and quiet, is Hu Yaobang xiangtan work former residence.Hu lived in the red bungalow from 1962 to 1964 when he was also the first secretary of the Xiangtan Local Committee of the CPC.The bungalow, built in 1953, is a Soviet-style building style, with an area of about 250 square meters.It is said to be a Soviet-style building, in fact, with the characteristics of residential houses in the south of the Yangtze River, red brick tiles and cement stairs.On weekdays, the civil Affairs Bureau is responsible for day-to-day management.In October 1962, Hu yaobang was transferred to Hunan province from the leading position of first Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Youth League, and served as secretary of the Secretariat of hunan Provincial Party Committee and first Secretary of Xiangtan Prefecture Committee.Embracing lingxiang on the banks of the Yangtze River in the north and linghsien county in the south, the xiangtan area had ten counties and one city with a population of over eight million.Hu yaobang’s hometown, Liuyang County, is also in xiangtan.The CPC Central Committee sent Hu Yaobang back to his hometown as the leader of the local committee, the cadres and the masses of Xiangtan feel sincerely happy.In less than two years as secretary of the prefectural Committee, Hu yaobang is still praised by the cadres and masses of Xiangtan for his sincere devotion to the people and practical style of work.Today, the civil affairs bureau in addition to repair and maintenance of the daily management of hu yaobang’s former residence, will also be the building as a party member cadre bureau system the worker’s red education base, especially the history of the party during learning education, fully tap the red resources, guide the broad masses of party members, cadres and workers in the study the party’s struggle, and great achievements in inspiring morale, sense of direction,We should strengthen our faith and pool our strength in studying the Party’s glorious tradition and fine style of work.>> Return to xiangtan online home page